1. Symptoms of Jaundice occur mainly due to disorder and malfunction of:
2. When hot liquid is poured into a thick glass tumbler, it cracks because glass:
- has low temperature coefficient of expansion.
- is a bad conductor of heat so only inner surface expands.
- has high temperature coefficient of expansion.
- has a very low specific heat.
3. A solid needle placed horizontally on the surface of the water floats due to:
- viscosity of water
- capillary action
- water pressure
- surface tension of water
4. The oil in the wick of an oil lamp rises up due to:
- pressure difference
- capillary action
- low viscosity of oil
- gravitational force
5. Both the ALU and Control Section have special purpose storage locations called:
6. Telnet is a:
- search engine
7. The term ODBC stands for:
- Object Database Connectivity.
- Object Database Communication
- Open Database Communication
- Open Database Connectivity
8. The heat treatment applied to milk before distribution to stabilize and to remove disease causing bacteria is called as:
9. A drop of liquid assumes spherical shape because:
- Intermolecular forces are weak in liquids
- Intermolecular forces are strong in liquids
- A sphere has the least surface area for a given volume
- A sphere has the largest surface area for a given volume
10. The two metal ions that cause hardness to water are:
- Sodium, Magnesium
- Calcium, Magnesium
- Sodium, Calcium
- Sodium, Potassium
11. Biogradable wastes can usually be converted into useful substances with the help of:
- nuclear proteins
- radio-active substances
12. Which one of the following is an indicator of air pollution?
13. The liquid waste from kitchens and baths of residences is known as:
- Domestic sewage
- Storm water
14. Which of the following metals contribute to biomagnification problem in the ecosystem?
15. Which of the following item is not included in Environmental Auditing?
- Storage of toxic chemicals
- Pollution monitoring schemes
- Scrutiny by the government agencies
- Safety provisions for industrial workers