1. Five men A, B, C, D and E read a newspaper. The one who reads first gives it to C, the one who reads last had taken it from A. E was not the first or last to read. There were two readers between B and A. Find the person who read the newspaper last.
From Statement 1 - C is the second to read. _ C _ _ _
From Statement 2 - A is second from last to read. _ C _ A _
From Statement 3 - E must be in centre since he was neither the first not the last. _ C E A _
From Statement 4 - Two readers can be between only if B is the first to read the newspaper. B C E A _
Hence the sequence is B, C, E, A & D.
2. Four friends A, B, C, D contribute money to a pool. A contributes double the amount C contributes and B contributes half the amount A contributes. D contributes half the amount of B. Which two are contributing equal amount?
Answer (d). A contributes double the amount C contributes and B contributes half the amount A contributes implies that B and C are contributing equal amount.
3. Of the five members of a panel sitting in a row. A is to the left of B, but on the right of C, D is on the right of B but is on the left of E. Find the member who is sitting in the middle.
Answer (a). Sequence is E, D, B, A and C. A sits between B and C and D sits between E and B. On the whole B sits in between everyone.
4. P, Q and R are educated P, R and S are hard working, R, S and T are employed, P, Q, S and T are polite. Who is educated, hardworking, polite but not employed?
5. A, B, C, D and E are sitting on a bench. A is sitting next to B, C is sitting next to D, D is not sitting with E who is on the left end of the bench. C is on the second position from the right. A is on the right of B and E. A and C are sitting together. In which position is A sitting?
Between B and D
Between B and C
Between E and D
Between C and E
Answer (b). Sequence is E, B, A, C and D. Here there are 2 clear facts that E is on the left end of the bench and C is sitting in the 2nd place from right. Next you can see that A is sitting on the right of E and B and that B and A are sitting together.
6. In a group of friends, two men have wives, one is a bachelor, another’s wife is dead, two are divorcees. They take four children with them to a picnic. How many have gone to the picnic?
Answer (a). Two men + their wives = 4. Bachelor + Widower + 2 divorcees = 4. Children = 4. Total 4 + 4 + 4 = 12.
7. A, P, R, X, S and Z are sitting in a row, S and Z are in the centre, and A and P are at the ends, R is sitting on the left of A. Then who is on the right of P?
Answer (b). From the first sentence - _ _ S Z _ _ From the second sentence - A _ S Z _ P From the third sentence - A R S Z _ P Final sitting A R S Z X P.
8. Among the children A, B, C, D and E. B is taller than E but shorter than A. A is shorter than C but taller than D who is taller than B. If all the children stand in a line according to their heights, who would be fourth if counted from the tallest one?
Answer (d). From the second sentence C is taller than A A is taller than D D is taller than B From the first sentence B is taller than E. So the sequence is C, A, D, B and E.
9. A is richer than B. C is richer than A. D is richer than C. E is the richest of all. If they are made to sit in the above degree of richness who will be in the middle position (central position)?
Answer (c). Sequence is B, A, C, D and E.
10. Read the following information carefully and answer the questions given below :
A, B, C, D, E and F are members of a club.
There is one married couple in the group.
D is the only married female in the group.
A and C are two ladies.
F is brother of A and is not married.
E is the sister of F.
How many female members are there in the club?
Answer (c). There are 4 female members in the club. D - from sentence 3 A and C - from sentence 4 E - from sentence 6
11. A, B, C, D, E, F and G are sitting in line facing the East. C is immediate right of D. B is at an extreme end and has E as his neighbor. G is between E and F, D is sitting third from the South end. Who are the persons sitting at the extreme ends?
A and E
A and B
F and B
C and D
Answer (b).From the third sentence - B E _ _ _ _ _ From the fourth sentence - B E G F _ _ _ From the fifth sentence - B E G F D _ _ From the second sentence - B E G F D C _ Therefore, the sitting sequence is B, E, G, F, D, C and A.
12. Five boys are sitting in a row, A is on the right of B, E is on the left of B, but to the right of C. If A is on the left of D, who is sitting in the middle?
Answer (b). Sitting sequence is D, A, B, E and C
13. While the group photo of a family was taken, the father was found to be sitting to the left of the son and right to the grandfather. Mother was sitting to the right of her daughter but left to grandfather. Who is occupying the central place?
Answer (b). Sitting sequence from left to right is Son, Father, Grandfather, Mother and Daughter.
14. A family went out for a walk. Daughter walked after the father. Son was walking behind the mother and ahead of father. Who walked last?
Answer (d). The walking sequence from 1st postion to last position is Mother followed by Son and Father followed by daughter at the end.
15. Seven boys A, B, C, D, E, F, and G are stand in a straight line as follows :
C is standing between A and G.
B is standing to the left of E.
G is standing between C and E.
D and F are standing together.
Who is standing exactly in the middle?
Answer (c). From the first sentence - A C G From the third sentence - A C G E From the second sentence - A C G E B. From the last sentence - A C G E B D F or D F A C G E B.
16. Five boys A, B, C, D, E are sitting in a park in a circle. A is facing South-West, D is facing South-East, B and E are right opposite A and D respectively and C is equidistant between D and B. Which direction is C facing?
17. A group of ten students shake hands with one another among themselves. What is the total number of shaking of hands?
Answer (d). 1st person shakes hands with 9 people and 2nd person with 8 people and 3rd person with 7 people and so on. Therefore ther total number of handshakes are the total of numbers from 1 to 9.
18. Six friends are sitting in a circle and playing cards. Kenny is to the left of Danny. Michael is in between Bobby and Johnny. Roger is in between Kenny and Bobby. Who is sitting to the right of Michael?
Answer (d). J, M, B, R, K and D.
19. Out the six members panel sitting in a row ‘U’ is to the left of ‘V’ but on the right of ‘W’ who is to the right of ‘X’ and ‘Y’ is at the right of ‘Z’ who is to the left of ‘X’. Find the members sitting right in the middle.
Answer (b). The sitting sequence you can derive at is V, U, W, X, Z and Y.
20. Of the six members of a panel sitting in a row X is to the left of Q but on the right of P. Y is on the right of Q but is on the left of Z. Z is to the left of R. Find the members who are at the extreme?
Answer (b). The sitting sequence is R, Z, Y, Q, X and P.
21. Six girls are standing in a circle facing to the centre. Bindu is to the left of Viji. Rekha is in between Bindu and Mumtaz. Jessi is in between Viji and Nirmala. Who is to the left of Mumtaz?
22. A group of friends are sitting in an arrangement one each at the corner of an octagon. All are facing the centre. Mahima is sitting diagonally opposite Rama, who is on Sushma’s right. Ravi is next to Sushma and opposite Girdhar, who is on Chandra’s left, Savitri is not on Mahima’s right but opposite Shalini. Who is on Shalini’s right?
23. Five girls M, N, O, P and Q are standing in a row. P is on the right of Q, N is on the left of Q, but is on the right of M. P is on the left of O. Who is standing on the extreme right?
Answer (c) O, P, Q, N and M.
24. Five children are standing in a row. O is third from M who is standing left of N, and P is on the left of Q who is second from N. What is the position of P from the right?
Answer (c). N, M, Q, P, and O.
25. Six persons A, B, C, D, E, F sit in 2 rows, 3 in each. If E is not at any end. D is second to left of F, C is neighbor of E and is sitting diagonally opposite to D and B is neighbor of F, who will be opposite to B?
Answer (b). The first row is C E A and the second row is F B D.