Click on the option you think is right, the correct answer and the explanation will be immediately available to you. Click on the RESET button to RESTART.
1. Arnab travels 15 kms towards east, then turns right and travels 5 kms. He then turns right and travels 15 kms. How far is Arnab from the starting point?
2. Namratha walks 14 metres towards west, then turns to her right and walks 14 meters and then turns to her left and walks 10 metres. Again turning to her left she walks 14 metres. What is the shortest distance (in metres) between her starting point and her present position?
3. Chandan started from point X and travelled for 8 km up to point Y. He then turned towards right and travelled 5 km up to point Z and then turned towards right and travelled 7 km up to A. And then turned towards right and travelled 5 km upto point B. What is the distance between point B and X?
4. Hari travelled 17 km to the east, he turned left and went 15 km, he again turned left and went 17 km. How far is he from the starting point?
5. Rama travels 10 km towards the north, turns left and travels 4 km and then again turns right and covers another 5 km and then turns right and travels another 4 km. How far is he from the starting point?
6. Mira starts at point T, walks straight to point U which is 4 ft, away. She turns left, at 90 and walks to W which is 4 ft. away, turns 90 right and goes 3 ft, to P, turns 90 right and walks 1 ft, to Q, turns left at 90 and goes to V, which is 1 ft, away and once again turns 90 right and goes to O, 3 ft, away. What is the distance between T and O?
7. Sandhya walks straight from point A to B which is 2 kms away. She turns left, at 90 and walks 8 kms to C, where she turns left again at 90 and walks 5 kms to D. At D she turns left at 90 and walks for 8 kms to E. how far is she from A to E?
8. Sheela walks from A to B which is 2 km away, turns right at 90 and walks for 3 kms to point C, turns right at 90 and walks to D which is 8 km. away, turns 90 right and goes 3 km. to point E. Then, once again she turns right, 90 and walks 4 km. to point F. How far is it from A to F?
9. Gaurav starts and covers 5 kms to reach a point which is to the East of his house. From there he turns to the North towards the market by travelling 3 kms. From there he turns left to his friend Saurav’s house which is 5 kms away. Now he has to get back to his house. How many kms he has to cover to reach his house?
10. Rahim travelled straight from point E to F at a distance of 5 km. From F he turned left and travelled 6 km and reached point G, there he took a left turn and travelled 5 km to reach point H. He took another left turn and travelled 2 km and reached point I. How far is he from the starting point?
11. Sancho and Rancho go for jogging from the same point but in opposite directions. Sancho jogs in the eastern direction covering 4 kms while Rancho runs for 3 kms in the western direction. Sancho turns left and covers 4 kms and Rancho turns right to cover 4 kms. What will be the distance between Sancho and Rancho now?
12. Ravi started walking from his house east direction to Bus stop which is 3 km away. Then he set off in the bus straight towards his right to the school 4 km away. What is the crow flight distance from his house to the school?
13. Rama travels a distance of 5 km from a place A towards north, turns left and walks 3 km; again turns right and walks 2 km, finally turns right and walks 3 kms to reach the place B. What is the distance between A and B?
14. Rakesh walks a distance of 3 kms towards North, then turns to his left and walks for 2 kms. He again turns left and walks for 3 kms. At this point he turns to his left and walks for 3 kms. How many kms is he from the starting point?