SCRA 2012 - Solved Paper
1. In which one among the following States is the Dihang-Dibang Biosphere Reserve located?
- Arunachal Pradesh
2. Which one among the following is the correct order of the States through which the river Chambal flows?
- Madhya Pradesh - Uttar Pradesh - Rajasthan
- Madhya Pradesh - Gujarat - Rajasthan
- Rajasthan - Madhya Pradesh - Bihar
- Gujarat - Madhya Pradesh - Uttar Pradesh
3. Regur soil is ideally suited for the growth of which one among the following crops?
4. Which one among the following States produces highest amount of mica?
- Andhra Pradesh
5. Which one among the following water bodies separates the Andaman Islands from Nicobar Islands?
- 11o Channel
- 10o Channel
- Gulf of Mannar
- Andaman Sea
6. A plant leaf appears to be green because it
- absorbs green light
- reflects all but yellow and blue light
- reflects green light
- absorbs red and yellow light
7. Which one among the following enzymes is unique in the alimentary canal of cattle?
8. Cartilage present in body is
- a muscular tissue
- an epithelial tissue
- a connective tissue
- a germinal tissue
9. Which one among the following is an environment-friendly activity?
- Burning of waste polythene and plastics for their disposal
- Use of chemical fertilizers and pesticide to increase crop productivity
- Burning of biomass as fuel
- Use of biogas as fuel
10. Which one among the following glands is present in pairs in human body?
11. During the process of respiration in human beings, the exchange of gases takes place in
12. The stylistic compositions of Sunga terracottas are typically
- single-mould impressed
- double-mould impressed
13. The famous historical book, Travels in the Mughal Empire was written by
- Ibn Batuta
- Francois Bernier
- Thomas Row
14. Consider the following statements about Rabindranath Tagore :
- He composed a number of patriotic songs during the Swadeshi Movement.
- He returned his Knighthood to condemn the brutal killing of innocent people at Jallianwalla Bagh
- He refused to accept the Nobel Prize conferred by the British
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
- 1 only
- 3 only
- 1 and 2 only
- 1, 2 and 3
15. With which revolution, the Socialist Movement began to develop in India?
- Russian Revolution
- Frecnh Revolution
- American War of Independence
- Industrial Revolution
16. Which one among the following was not a feature of the provincial executive according to the Government of India Act, 1935?
- The executive authority of the province was vested in the Governor
- There was a Council of Ministers to advise the Governor
- Dyarchy established by the Government of India Act, 1919 was abolished at the provincial level
- The Governor could be removed by a vote of no-confidence of the Provincial Legislature
17. Which of the following statements about caste system in India is/are correct?
- Caste is determined by birth.
- Caste groups are exogamous.
- Caste membership involves rules about food and food-sharing
Select the correct answer using the code given below:
- 1, 2 and 3
- 1 and 3 only
- 2 and 3 only
- 1 only