SSC Tax Assts Exam 2009
1. Who was the first Indian woman to scale the Mount Everest ?
- Bachhendri Pal
- Phu Dorjee
- Aung Saan Su Kyi
- Yoko Ono
2. Epicentre is concerned with
3. Name of S. Chandrashekhar is associated with which of the following subjects ?
- Fluid Mechanics
4. Which scale is used to measure the intensity of earthquake ?
5. Who was the only Indian woman to be elected as the President of U.N. General Assembly ?
- Vijayalakshmi Pandit
- V. K. Krishna Menon
- Jawaharlal Nehru
- Rajeshwar Dayal
6. Sea-coast of which of the following states is the longest ?
- Andhra Pradesh
- Tamil Nadu
7. ‘RAF’ is the abbreviated form of which of the following ?
- Ready Action Force
- Rapid Action Force
- Reverse Action Force
- Repeat Action Force
8. Bolometer is used to measure which of the following ?
9. Tehri dam is built on which of the following rivers ?
10. Which of the following is incorrect ?
- AIDS is a retroviral disease
- AIDS disease spreads due to homosexual and bisexual relations
- AIDS was first diagnosed in 1981 in USA
- Due to AIDS, ano-genital warts are formed
11. Who lost the AFC (Asian Football Confederation) Final, 2008 to India ?
- Sri Lanka
12. Who won the U.S. Open Tennis Men’s Singles in August 2008 ?
- Roger Federer
- Rafael Nadal
- Mahesh Bhupati
- None of the above
13. After the terrorist attack of 26th November, 2008 in Mumbai, who was appointed as the Home Minister of India ?
- Shri Shivraj Patil
- Shri Pranab Mukherjee
- Shri P. Chidambaram
- Shri A.K. Anthony
14. Which one of the following has been appointed as the Secretary of State by Barack Obama, President of U.S.A. ?
- Hillary Clinton
- Joe Biden
- Condoleezza Rice
- Ben Porritt
15. Name the winner of the Sanjay Chopra National Award for Bravery 2008.
- Saumika Mishra
- Santosh Sen
- Amit Kumar
16. The Dadasaheb Phalke Award for 2006 was awarded by the President of India to
- Tapan Sinha
- Madhur Bhandarkar
- Dilip Kumar
- Lata Mangeshkar
17. The concept of the Directive Principles of State Policy was borrowed by our Constitution from the Constitution of
18. ‘Jeevan Aastha’-a scheme relating to investment and saving, was launched during 2008-09, by
- Tata AIG
- ICICI Prudential
- Bajaj Allianz
- LIC of India
19. The three medals that Indians won in the Beijing Olympics were in
- Shooting, Boxing and Wrestling
- Shooting, Boxing and Archery
- Shooting, Wrestling and Tennis
- Shooting, Boxing and Hockey
20. ATM stands for
- Automatic Teller Machine
- Automated Teller Machine
- Automatic Tally Machine
- Automated Tally Mechanism
21. There is no provision in the Constitution for the impeachment of the
- Chief Justice of India
- Chief Justice of a High Court