Engineering Services Exam 2009
31. Which one of the following dealt with the subject of local self-government?
- Balwant Rai Mehta Committee
- Kothari Commission
- Veerappa Moily Committee
- Venkatachalam Commission
32. Which of the following is not a Fundamental Right in India?
- Right against exploitation
- Right to Constitutional Remedies
- Right to property
- Cultural and educational rights
33. Which one of the following deals with the Women's Reservation Bill that seeks to provide for one-third reservation of seats for women in Parliament and State Assemblies?
- 98th Amendment of the Constitution
- 100th Amendment of the Constitution
- 105th Amendment of the Constitution
- 108th Amendment of the Constitution
34. Mushrooms are actually
- Parasitic moss plants
35. Which of the following is/are produced as a result of photosynthesis in green plants in addition to carbohydrate?
- Carbon dioxide only
- Oxygen only
- Water and Carbon dioxide
- Water and Oxygen
36. All enzymes are actually
- Fatty acids
37. In which one of the following is extra blood stored and is released when shortage occurs?
- Adrenal gland
- Thyroid gland
38. Which one of the following is essential for preventing dental caries?
39. Which one of the following diseases is caused by a protozoan?
40. Which one among the following minerals is essential for the transmission of nerve impulses in the nerve fibres of human body?
41. From the evolutionary point of view, which one among the following animals is most primitive?
42. Silk is the product of and secreted by
- Salivary glands of larval silk moth
- Salivary glands of adult silk moth
- Secretion from the whole body of adults and pupae of silk moth
- Excretion from the whole body of adults and pupae of silk moth
43. Which of the following disease is not transmitted by Aedes aegypti?
- Yellow fever
44. In which of the following places was Asia's first Export Processing Zone set up?
45. "Uruguay Round" is mentioned in the context of the establishment of which one of the following?
- World Bank
- World Economic Forum
46. As per the Constitution of India, the Legislative Assembly (Vidhan Sabha) of a State consists of not more than 500 and not less than 60 members, but which one of the following States has 32 members?
47. In the Union Government, the Council of Ministers is collectively responsible to the
- Prime Minister of India
- Lok Sabha
- Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha
- Union Cabinet
48. Which one of the following is the national animal of India?