Engineering Services Exam 2011
31. Which one of the following enzymes is found in human saliva?
32. Night blindness can be corrected by the intake of
- vitamin A
- vitamin B complex
- vitamin C
- vitamin D
33. Which one of the following is the vector for kala-azar disease?
- Aedes mosquito
- Anopheles mosquito
34. Which one of the following diseases is caused by bacteria?
- Hepatitis B
35. Which one of the following are infected by 'foot-and-mouth' disease?
36. Consider the following pairs:
Which of the above pairs is/are correctly matched?
- 1 only
- 1 and 2 only
- 2 an 3 only
- 1, 2 and 3
37. Consider the following statements:
- In India, mica production is confined to Bihar only.
- In India, gold production is confined to Karnataka only.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
- 1 only
- 2 only
- Both 1 and 2
- Neither 1 nor 2
38. The Bhopal Gas Tragedy was caused when a chemical plant accidently released
- carbon monoxide
- carbonyl chloride
- methyl cyanide
- methyl isocyanate
39. Which one of the following is the largest producer of petroleum in South America?
40. Which one of the following is not a primary pollutant of burning fossil fuels?
- Sulphur dioxide
- Nitrogen dioxide
- Carbon monoxide
41. The release of which one of the following into ponds and wells helps in controlling the mosquitoes?
- Gambusia fish
42. In India, which one among the following industries is the single largest contributer of greenhouse emissions?
43. The concept of 'Mixed Economy' relates to
- the coexistence of rural sector and urban sector
- the coexistence of public sector and private sector
- the coexistence of small-scale sector and large-scale sector
- the coexistence of service sector and manufacture sector
44. Which one of the following industries has the maximum employment of labour?
- Iron and Steel industry
- Chemicals and Fertilizer industry
- Cotton and Textile industry
- Cement industry
45. In India, which item of imports is the highest in terms of value?
- Gold, gems and jewellery
- IT imports
- Petroleum and petroleum products
- Machinery and equipment
46. What is Levy Sugar?
- The portion of sugar production of the country meant for export
- The sugar which is imported by the Government and allotted to Public Distribution System at a cost lower than that incurred by the Government
- The portion of sugar production that the Government takes away from sugar mills at lower than market rates for supplying to the Public Distribution System
- The portion of sugar production that the State Governments supply to the Union Government at less than market rates
47. Where is India's first port-based Special Economic Zone located?
48. In the recent past, one of the European countries suffered from a huge debt crisis often referred to as 'Sovereign Debt Crisis'. Which one of the following is the country in question?