1. Pipe A alone can fill a tank in 8 hours. Pipe B can fill it in 6 hours. If both the pipes are opened and after 2 hours pipe A is closed, then the other pipe will fill the tank in
2. A pump takes 8 hours to fill an overhead tank, but due to an open tap in the kitchen, the time taken is 10 hours. In how much time would the kitchen tap empty a full overhead tank?
3. A leak can empty a full tank in 12 minutes. If the leak is absent, two pipes A and B can fill the tank separately in 15 minutes and 20 minutes respectively. If the leak is active and both the pipes are open then the tank will be filled -
4. Pipe A can fill a cistern in 6 hours less than Pipe B. Both the pipes together can fill the cistern in 4 hours. How much time would A take to fill the cistern all by itself?
5. One tap can fill a drum three times as fast as another tap. Both the taps together can fill the drum in 36 minutes. How much time would the slower tap take to fill the drum?
6. A tap supplies 8 litres of water per minute into a cistern. A leak at the bottom of the cistern can empty the cistern in 10 hours. A full tank with the tap open is emptied by the leak in 15 hours. What is the capacity of the tank?
7. There are 2 taps A and B to fill up a water tank. The tank can be filled in 40 minutes if both taps are on. The same tank can be filled in 60 minutes if tap A alone is on. How much time will tap B alone take to fill up the same tank ?
8. 8 taps through which water flows at the same rate can fill a tank in 30 minutes. If two taps go out of order, how long will the remaining taps take to the fill the tank?
9. Two pipes A and B can fill a cistern in 30 and 45 minutes respectively. Both are opened simultaneously, but after 10 minutes pipe A is closed. 10 minutes after that pipe B is closed and pipe A is reopened. How much more time does it take to fill the tank?
10. Pipe A can fill an empty tank in 12 hours. Pipe B can empty it in 36 hours. If at 8 a.m. the pipe A is opened on an empty water tank and pipe B is opened at 9 a.m., 10 a.m. 11 a.m. and 12 p.m. for 15 minutes each, by what time in the evening will the tank be filled?