Type the speed in kilometres per hour in the first box below OR
Type the speed in metres per second in the second box:
To convert the speed in kmph into mps multiply the speed by 5/18 and to convert the speed in mps into kmph multiply by 18/5.
1. A train takes 9 seconds to cross a pole. If the speed of the train is 48 km/hr, the length of the train is
2. A train takes 10 seconds to cross a pole and 20 s to cross a platform of length 200 m. What is the length of the train?
3. A train 180 m long moving at the speed of 20 m/sec overtakes a man moving at a speed of 10 m/sec in the same direction. The train passed the man in:
4. A train 280 m long is moving at a speed of 60 km/ph. What is the time taken by the train to cross a platform 220 m long?
5. Two trains each 200 m long move towards each other on parallel lines with velocities 20 kmph and 30 kmph respectively. What is the time that elapses when they first meet until they have cleared each other?
6. Two trains of lengths 100 m and 150 m are travelling in opposite directions at speeds of 75 kmph and 50 kmph respectively. What is the time taken by them to cross each other?
7. A train leaves station A at 5 A.M. and reaches station B at 9 A.M. on the same day. Another train leaves Station B at 7 A.M. and reaches station A at 10.30 A.M. on the same day. The time at which the two trains cross on another is
8. A train travelling with 5/7 of its actual speed covers 42 kms in 1 hr 40 mins 48 secs. Find the actual speed of the train.
9. A train crosses a telegraph post in 8 sec and a bridge 200 m long in 24 sec. What is the length of the train?
10. The distance between two cities Y and Z is 330 kms. A train starts from Y at 8 a.m. and travels towards Z at 60 kmph. Another train starts from Z at 9 a.m. and travels towards A at 75 kmph. At what time do they meet?
11. Two trains travel in the same direction at 50 km/hr and 32 km/hr respectively. A man in the slower train observes that 15 seconds elapse before the faster train completely passes him. What is the length of the faster train?
12. A train of length 150 m takes 10 seconds to cross another train 100 m long coming from the opposite direction. If the speed of first train is 30 kmph, what is the speed of second train?
13. A train running at the speed of 72 kmph goes past a pole in 15 seconds. What is the length of the train?
14. A train 110 m long is running with a speed of 60 km/hour. What is the time in which it will pass a man who starts from the engine running at the speed of 6 km/hour in the direction opposite to that of the train?