CDS 2012 (1) ( held on 12.02.2012 )
91. Who among the following Chinese travellers visited the kingdoms of Harshavardhana and Kumar Bhaskar Varma?
- Hiuen Tsang
- Sun Shuyun
92. Which one among the following Indus cities was known for water management?
93. Consider the following statements:
According to Hindu Law, marriage is defined as
- a contract
- a sacramant
- mutual understanding
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
- 1 only
- 2 only
- 1 and 3
- 2 and 4
94. Which one among the following States was first annexed by Lord Dalhousie under the Doctrine of Lapse?
95. Identify the correct sequence of the following events of Indian history (starting with the earliest):
- The Doctrine of Lapse
- The Subsidiary Alliance
- The Treaty of Lahore
- The Pitt's India Act
Select the correct answer using the code given below
96. Match List-I with List-II and effect the correct answer using the code given below the lists:
|List – I|
|List - II |
|A. Iyothee Thass||1. Satyashodhak Samaj|
|B. Jyotiba Phule||2. Dravida Kazhagam|
|C. John Rathinam||3. Self-Respect Movement|
|D. E.V. Ramaswami Naicker||4. Dravida Mahajan Sabha|
- A - 4; B - 2; C - 1; D - 3
- A - 3; B - 1; C - 2; D - 4
- A - 4; B - 1; C - 2; D - 3
- A - 3; B - 2; C - 1; D - 4
97. Which one among the following statements regarding Jorwe Culture is not correct?
- Pravara-Godavari Valley was the nuclear zone of Jorwe Culture
- The main sites of Jorwe Culture are Daimabad, Inamgaon, Jorwe and Nevasa
- At Daimabad, one gets archaelogical evidence of symbolic burial
- Practically all Jorwe settlements in the Northern Deccan were suddenly deserted
98. Ashokan inscriptions of Mansehra and Shahbazgadhi are written in
- Prakrit language, Kharoshthi script
- Prakrit language, Brahmi script
- Prakrit-Aramaic language, Brahmi script
- Aramaic language, Kharoshthi
99. Who among the following scholars were contemporary of Kanishka?
Select the correct answer using the code given below :
- 1 and 2 only
- 3 and 4
- 2 and 4
- 1, 2 and 3
100. Sabin Award is given for the conservation of
101. The Indian research station Himadri is located at
- Arctic Region
102. The year 2011 was the centenary year for which one among the following policy-making bodies of the Government of India in scientific research and development?
103. In the year 2011, NASA launched a mission to study the Moon from 'crust to core' through its
- Gravity Recovery and Interior Laboratory
- Fast Auroral Snapshot Explorer Spacecraft
- Ultraviolet Spectroscopic Explorer Spacecraft
- Transition Region and Coronal Explorer Spacecraft
104. In the year 2011, a scientist from USA discovered 'BISIN' which
- is a natural preservative and can extend food's life for several years
- can insulate cells of brain
- claims for fastest prevention of bacterial infection
- is a distant galaxy
105. In the year 2011, a missile named 'PRAHAR', developed by DRDO was test fired. This is a
- short-range surface to air missile
- long-range surface to air missile
- short-range surface to surface missile
- long-range surface to surface missile
106. Which one among the following statements is correct?
- All proteins are enzymes
- All enzymes are proteins
- None of the enzymes is protein
- None of the proteins is enzyme
107. Which one among the following statements is correct?
- All bases are alkalis
- None of the bases is alkali
- There are no more bases except the alkalis
- All alkalis are bases but all bases are not alkalis
108. Suppose a terrorist group has laid siege to the Hazratbal Shrine in Srinagar, Kashmir. They have also taken around 80 civilians hostage. Which one among the following will be the best response by the security forces in this situation?
- Threaten the terrorists using loudspeakers with immediate military action unless they surrender
- Surround the mosque with visible army deployment and then attack the mosque
- Carry out joint army-air force raid on the mosque
- Negotiate with the terrorists by utilizing a local mediator to buy time and then send in special National Security Guard (NSG) commandos
109. Which one among the following statements about NATO is not correct?
- NATO is a collective defence organisation in Europe
- The US is an ex officio member of NATO
- Turkey is a member of NATO
- NATO has 28 independent member States
110. The Cabinet Mission Plan for India envisaged a
- Unitary form of Government
- Union of States