SSC MTS Exam 2013 - 17.03.13
1. Who is the first economist to receive the Nobel Prize in Economics in single?
- Simon Kuznets
- Wassily Leontief
- Milton Friedman
- Paul A. Samuelson
2. The supply of Money in a country means
- Cash balances held by the government
- Aggregate Stock of money issued by the Central Bank
- Cash reserves owned by the Commercial Banks.
- Total Stock of money in circulation at a given period of time.
3. Corner shop is an example for
- Sole trade
- Limited company
- Public company
4. Which one of the following is an advantage of the market economic system?
- Better governance
- Equal income distribution
- Protects the environment
- Incentives to producers
5. The vertical distance between total cost and total variable cost is
- total average cost
- marginal cost
- total fixed cost
- average fixed cost
6. Who said that, Man is by nature a political animal?
7. According to Indian Constitution, Right to Property is a
- Fundamental Right
- Legal Right
8. Which among the following are duties of Indian citizens as per Constitution of India?
- Respect National Anthem, Flag etc.
- Develop Scientific temper.
- Protect and preserve National and Cultural Heritage.
- All of the above.
9. The Right to Information is based on the
- right to know implied under Article 14
- right to know implied under Article 19 (1) (A)
- right to know implied under Article 21
- right to know implied under Article 32
10. Which of the following was called by Gandhi as ‘post dated cheque’?
- Cripps proposal
- McDonald Award
- Simon Commission Report
- None of these
11. Whom did Ashoka appoint to spread Buddhism to many parts of Asia?
- Dharma Mahamatras
12. Under whose leadership the Sikhs became a Political and Military force?
- Guru Har Rai
- Guru Har Kishan
- Guru Tegh Bahadur
- Guru Gobind Singh
13. Khajuraho was the capital of
14. During the British rule, the only British King to visit India and hold a grand Durbar was
- Edward 6th
- George 5th
- James 2nd
- James 6th
15. Who among the following noted for the first time the existence of seven castes in India?
- Seleucus Nicator
16. The largest industry in India is
17. Who measured first the circumferences of earth?
18. Which one of the following land forms is not related to glaciers?
- Hanging valleys
- Corries in the mountains
- U-shaped valleys
- Natural levees
19. India recently launched a satellite in orbit for the purpose of
- Marine Exploration
- Mission to Moon
- Resource Evaluation
20. Pedology deals with the scientific study of
21. Which of the following are exclusively marine animals?
22. Which one can imitate human speech?
23. Haemophilia is a kind of disease which is
24. For a living organism, greatest available energy is from
25. HIV is a
- Combination of disease symptoms
- Developmental index
- Viral disease
26. In winter, when water freezes due to cold, fishes and other aquatic animals
- can live because only the upper layer of the water freezes
- migrate to other warmer places.
- can live safely because they have inbuilt mechanism to withstand the cold.
27. The planet nearest to the Sun is
28. The electrical resistance of a conductor is independent of its
- cross-sectional area