1. In which one of the following islands of India is an active volcano found?
- Car Nicobar Island
- Nancowry Island
- Barren Island
- Maya Bunder Island
2. Match List-I with List-II and select the correct answer using the code given below the Lists:
|List-I (Pass)||List-II (State)|
|A. Zoji La Pass||1. Sikkim|
|B. Bara Lacha Pass||2. Uttarakhand|
|C. Jelep La Pass||3. Himachal Pradesh|
|D. Niti Pass||4. Jammu and Kashmir|
- A - 4, B -1, C - 3, D - 2
- A - 2, B -3, C - 1, D - 4
- A - 4, B -3, C - 1, D - 2
- A - 2, B -1, C - 3, D - 4
3. Which one of the following longitudes determines the Indian Standard Time?
4. Which one of the following is the oldest mountain range in India?
5. Match List-I with List-II and select the correct answer using the code given below the lists :
|List-I (River)||List-II (Tributary)|
|A. Brahmaputra||1. Musi|
|B. Krishna||2. Tawa|
|C. Narmada||3. Bhavani|
|D. Cauvery||4. Dikhow|
- A - 4, B -2, C - 1, D - 3
- A - 4, B -1, C - 2, D - 3
- A - 3, B -2, C - 1, D - 4
- A - 3, B -1, C - 2, D - 4
6. Which one of the following lakes in India has the highest water salinity?
7. Which one of the following pairs is not correctly matched?
- Gomti : Lucknow
- Saryu : Ayodhya
- Alaknanda : Badrinath
- Narmada : Satna
8. Which one of the following cities will never get the vertical rays of the sun?
9. Which of the following diseases is not caused by viruses?
10. Which one of the following sequences of the oil refineries of India as they occur from south to north is correct?
11. Which one of the following states of India is the largest producer of lignite coal?
- Madhya Pradesh
- Tamil Nadu
12. Match List-I with List-II and select the correct answer using the code given below the Lists:
|List-I (Multipurpose river Project)||List-II (Hydel Power Station)|
|A. Rihand||1. Hirakud|
|B. Gandak||2. Balmikinagar|
|C. Chambal||3. Pipri|
|D. Mahanadi||4. Kota|
- A - 3, B -4, C - 2, D - 1
- A - 1, B -2, C - 4, D - 3
- A - 3, B -2, C - 4, D - 1
- A - 1, B -4, C - 2, D - 3
13. Which one of the following pairs is not correctly matched?
|(a) Kanha National Park||Madhya Pradesh|
|(b) Sultanpur National Park||Haryana|
|(c) Ranthambore National Park||Gujarat|
|(d) Bandipur National Park||Karnataka|
14. Which one of the following oil fields of India is the oldest and still producing oil?
- Bombay High
15. The shaded area in the map given below is the major producer of which one of the following?
16. Which one of the following States is the largest producer of black pepper in India?
- Tamil Nadu
- Andhra Pradesh
17. The Buddha delivered his first sermon, known as 'Turning of the wheel of law' at?
- Bodh Gaya
18. Which one of the following is the longest National Highway in India?
- NH 2
- NH 7
- NH 8
- NH 31
19. In human beings, the opening of the stomach into the small intestine is called
20. In which one of the following places is the Forest Survey of India (FSI), a national organisation engaged in forest cover mapping, forest inventory and training in the field of remote sensing and GIS, located?
21. The Veerapa Moily Commission in its report on Administrative Reforms among other aspects has suggested doing away with which one of the following pairs of Articles of the Constitution of India?
- Articles 305 and 306
- Articles 307 and 308
- Articles 308 and 309
- Articles 310 and 311
22. Who among the following has created world record in the men's 100 metres sprint event at 2008 Olympic Games?
- Usain Bolt
- Churandy Martina
- Asafa Powell
- Walter Dix