NDA 2009 - Solved Paper
1. Crocodiles store fats in
2. In which one of the following is a great dark plain called 'Maria' found?
3. Match List I with List II and select the correct answer using the code given below the lists
|List I |
Winner of booker prize
|A. Arundhati Roy||1. In a free State|
|B. Kiran Desai||2. The God of Small Things|
|C. Salman Rushdie||3. The White Tiger|
|D. V.S. Naipul||4. The Inheritance of Loss|
|5. Midnight's Children|
- A - 1; B - 5; C - 3; D - 2
- A - 1; B - 3; C - 4; D - 2
- A - 2; B - 5; C - 3; D - 1
- A - 2; B - 4; C - 5; D - 1
4. Match List I with List II and select the correct answer using the code given below the lists
|List I |
|List II |
|A. Surendranath Jena||1. Kathakali|
|B. Pushpa Bhuyan||2. Kathak|
|C. Birju Maharaj||3. Bharat Natyam|
|D. Sankaran Embranthiri||4. Oddissi|
- A - 1; B - 2; C - 3; D - 4
- A - 4; B - 3; C - 2; D - 1
- A - 1; B - 3; C - 2; D - 4
- A - 4; B - 2; C - 3; D - 1
5. Match List I with List II and select the correct answer using the code given below the lists
|List I |
| List II |
|A. Indira Nooyi||1. Airtel|
|B. Mukesh Ambani||2. Wipro|
|C. Sunil Mittal||3. Pepsi|
|D. Azim Premji||4. Reliance|
- A - 3; B - 1; C - 4; D - 2
- A - 2; B - 1; C - 4; D - 3
- A - 2; B - 4; C - 1; D - 3
- A - 3; B - 4; C - 1; D - 2
6. Match List I with List II and select the correct answer using the code given below the lists
|A. National Institute of Immunology||1. Pune|
|B. National Centre for Cell Science||2. Manesar|
|C. Centre for DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics||3. Hyderabad|
|D. National Brain Research Centre||4. New Delhi|
- A - 2; B - 3; C - 1; D - 4
- A - 4; B - 1; C - 3; D - 2
- A - 4; B - 3; C - 1; D - 2
- A - 2; B - 1; C - 3; D - 4
7. Who among the following is the winner of the Wimbledon Men's Singles title 2008?
- Roger Ferderer
- Rafael Nadal
- Novak Djokovic
- Andy Roddick
8. Consider the following statements:
- Lamba in Gujrat is famous for wind power plant.
- Manikiran in Himachal Pradesh is famous for geothermal energy plant.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
- 1 only
- 2 only
- Both 1 and 2
- Neither 1 nor 2
9. The metal compound commonly found in Sindoor or kumkum is based on
10. Alum is used as
- an analgesic
- a fertiliser
- a disinfectant
- a water purifier
11. Which among the following elements (metals) pollutes the air of a city having a large number of automobiles?
12. Oxygen and ozone are
13. When applied to the affected area, which one of the following will relieve the pain due to ant-bite or bee-sting?
- Lemon juice
- Baking soda
- Caustic soda
14. Which among the following is a chemical change?
- A wet towel dries in the sun
- Lemon juice added to tea causing its colour to change
- Hot air rises over radiator
- Coffee is brewed by passing steam through ground coffee
15. Which among the following is an element
16. Consider the following equation for the formation of ammonia from nitrogen and hydrogen :
N2+ 3H2 = 2NH3
How many hydrogen molecules are required to react with 100 molecules of nitrogen?
17. Which one of the following is used as moderator in nuclear reactors?
- Heavy Hydrogen
- Heavy Water
- Hydrogen Peroxide
18. Which one of the following contains maximum percentge of nitrogen by mass?
- Ammonium cyanide
- Ammonium carbonate
- Ammonium nitrate