1. Earth received heat from the sun is known as:
- Infrared heat
- Solar radiation
- Thermal radiation
2. The use of which of the following regional languages was popularised by the Bhakti leader, Shankaradeva?
3. Which part of the plant is used as 'saffron'?
- Style and Stigma
4. Suspended colloidal particles in the water can be removed by the process of:
5. Grave's disease is caused due to
- hyperactivity of thyroid
- hypoactivity of thymus
- hypoactivity of thyroid
- hyperactivity of thymus
6. The Mansabdari system was introduced by:
- Shah Jahan
7. Open market operation refers to:
- borrowing by scheduled banks to industry and trade
- purchase and sale of government securities by the RBI
- deposit mobilisation
- borrowing by scheduled banks from the RBI
8. Who is the Governor of West Bengal?
- B.L. Joshi
- M.K. Narayanan
- Shivraj Patil
- Margaret Alva
9. When and by whom were the Asokan inscription deciphered for the first time?
- 1787-John Tower
- 1825-Charles Metcalfe
- 1837-James Prinsep
- 1810-Harry Smith
10. Which of the following is not a characteristic of the Indian economy
- primacy of agriculture
- balance between heavy industry and wage goods
- population pressure
- low per capita income
11. How many cricketers, who have represented India in test matches, are presently Lok Sabha members?
12. Which one of the following was created by the 'Pitt's India Act'?
- Board of Control
- Board of Revenue
- Standing Council
- Court of Directors
13. Which day is observed as "International Day of Non-Violence"?
- 1st May
- 2nd October
- 24th October
- 30th January
14. A white solid 'A' on heating gives off a gas which turns lime water milky. The residue is yellow when hot but turns white on cooling. The solid A is:
- Zinc carbonate
- Lead sulphate
- Lead carbonate
- Zinc sulphate
15. Which of the following is the strongest coagulant?
- Zinc chloride
- Aluminium chloride
- Barium chloride
- Magnesium sulphate