SSC GL Exam 2013 - 19.05.13 (P.M.)
1. Reduction of nitrates to ammonia can be achieved through one of the following methods :
- in alkaline medium using Devarda’s alloy.
- in neutral medium using Devarda’s alloy.
- in acidic medium using Devarda’s alloy.
- in neutral medium using Cupric oxide.
2.The Red Data Books published by the International Union for Conservation of Nature and Natural Resources enumerate
- Biodiversity parks and wild life sanctuaries in different countries.
- Centres of origin of cultivated plants.
- Centres of origin of all economically important plants.
- Threatened species of plants and animals.
3. Grits of sewage are removed in
- Grit chamber
- Detritus tank
- Skimming tank
- Trickling filter
4. Environmental impact assessment was first formally established in 1969 in which country?
- United Kingdom
- United States
5. The most affected sulphur containing amino acid by PAN is
6. Who won the Women Australian Open Singles Title in 2013?
- Serena Williams
- Victoria Azarenka
- Li Na
7. The first non-Englishman elected as Chairman of the International Cricket Council was
- Cydle Walcot
- Gary Sobers
- Imran Khan
- Sunil Gavaskar
8. Which of the following has zero electron affinity?
9. For which language included in the Indian Constitution, the Jnanpith Award has not been given upto 2011?
10. Who is the first British Author to win the Man Booker Prize for fiction twice?
- Peter Carey
- J. M. Coetzee
- Hillary Mantel
- None of the above
11. Which one of the following is wrongly paired?
12. The two South American countries, which are members of the Organisation of Petroleum Exporting Countries ( OPEC ) are
- Ecuador and Brazil
- Ecuador and Bolivia
- Ecuador and Venezuela
- Venezuela and Brazil
13. Who is the Chairperson of the National Green Tribunal?
- Markandey Katju
- Swatantra Kumar
- Satyananda Mishra
- K. G. Balakrishnan
14. Which is the capital of Mali?
15. Which was the first film of Jaspal Bhatti?
- Power Cut
- Mahaul Theek Hai
- Thank You Jijaji
- None of the three above
16. Who was the first recipient of the "Bharat Ratna" Award posthumously?
- K. Kamaraj
- Lal Bahadur Shastri
- M. G. Ramachandran
- B. R. Ambedkar
17. An irrigation project is categorized as a major project if it covers a cultivable command area of
- less than 2,000 hectares
- 2,000 to 10,000 hectares
- above 10,000 hectares
- all the above
18. High powered money is
- Banks reserves at Central Bank
- All loans and advances of banks
- Money held by banks
- Currency held by public and reserves with the Central Bank
19. Hardening interest rate means
- interest rate is remaining sticky
- interest rate is very low
- interest rate is increasing
- interest rate is falling
20. Dumping is a situation when the seller
- supplies more than the demand for products in the World Market.
- supplies more in the Domestic Market.
- sells a commodity at a lower price in the World Market and charges a higher price in the Domestic market.
- sells a commodity at a higher price in the World Market and charges a lower price in the Domestic Market.
21. Which one of the following is not a function of Election Commission?
- Allotment of symbols
- Fixation of election dates
- Maintaining fairness of election
- Selecting the candidates for election
22. ‘State is a necessary evil’ is associated with
23. The programme of ‘Operation Flood’ was concentrated on
- increasing irrigation facilities.
- flood control.
- increasing the milk production.
- increase the flood grains production.
24. Which of the following is not associated with Marxism?
- Dialectical Materialism
- Class Struggle
- Welfare State
- Surplus Value
25. Article 324 of the Indian Constitution deals with the
- imposition of President’s Rule in States.
- appointment of Finance Commission.
- powers and functions of the Chief Election Commissioner.
- functions of the Union Public Service Commission.
26. The founder of the Lodi Dynasty was
- Bahlol lodi
- Sikandar Shah Lodi
- Jalal Khan Lodi
- Ibrahim Lodi
27. The Gandharva School of art is also known as the
- Buddhist-Roman art
- Dravidian-Roman art
- Greco-Roman art
- Greco-Roman-Buddhist art
28. The Bolshevik Revolution of Russia symbolized following :
- coming of the Communist Rule
- establishment of Republic of Russia
- establishment of Democracy in Russia
- overthrow of Romanov Dynasty
29. Which General, who commanded the British forces against the Americans in their War of Independence later became Governor-General of India?
- William Bentinck
30. Who was the first President of the All India Trade Union Congress (AITUC)?
- C. R. Das
- V. V. Giri
- Lala Lajpat Rai
- Sarojini Naidu