SSC GL Exam 2013 - 19.05.13
1. The demand for labour is called
- Derived demand
- Factory demand
- Market demand
- Direct demand
2.Which of the following is not an investment expenditure in goods and services?
- Purchase of machinery
- An increase in business inventories
- Expansion of the main plant of a company
- Purchase of a house
3. Which one of the following represents the Savings of the Private Corporate Sector?
- Undistributed profits
- Excess of income over expenditure
- Dividends paid to shareholders
- Total profits of a company
4. Who presides over the Joint Session of Indian Parliament?
- Chairperson of Rajya Sabha
- Seniormost Member of Parliament
- Speaker of Lok Sabha
- president of India
5. Social accounting system in India is classified into
- Assets, liabilities and debt position
- Public sector, Private sector and Joint sector
- income, product and expenditure
- enterprise, households and government
6. Forced Savings refer to
- Compulsory deposits imposed on income tax payers
- Provident fund contribution of private sector employees
- Reduction of consumption consequent to a rise in prices
- Taxes on individual income and wealth
7.Under which Article of the Constitution of India, can the fundamental rights of the members of the Armed Forces be specifically restricted?
- Article 21
- Article 25
- Article 33
- Article 19
8. Pulakesin 2 was the greatest ruler of the
- Chalukyas of Kalyani
- Pallavas of Kanchi
- Cholas of Tamil Nadu
- Chalukyas of Badami
9. The Uttaramerur inscription provides information on the administration of the
10. Pitts India Act of 1784 was a/an
- White paper
- Regulating Act
11. Which one of the following statements is not true in respect of A. O. Hume?
- He founded the Indian National Congress.
- He presided over the Congress Annual Sessions twice.
- He was an ornithologist.
- He was a member of the Indian Civil Service.
12. Division of powers and independent Judiciary are the two important features of
- Democratic form of Government
- Federal form of Government
- Socialist form of Government
- Unitary form of Government
13. Which Article of the Indian Constitution did Dr. B. R. Ambedkar term as the ‘Heart and Soul of the Indian Constitution"?
- Article 356
- Article 32
- Article 14
- Article 19
14. Who was the first to use the term ‘State’?
15. Which river in India flows in a rift-valley?
16. A narrow strip of land that connects two larger land masses is called
17. Tiny marine animals which constitute limestone skeletons are called
- Coral reefs
18. Apatanis are the major tribal group of
- Arunachal Pradesh
19. Which of the following plant pigments absorbs in red and far-red region of light?
20. The process through which excess of light energy is dissipated in photosynthesis is known as
21. AIDS virus destroys
22. Which of the following movements saw the biggest peasant guerilla war on the eve of independence?
- Punnapra Vayalar Movement
- Telangana Movement
- Noakhali Movement
- Tebhaga Movement
23. Maps on large scale, representing both natural and man-made features are called
- Thematic maps
- Atlas maps
- Wall maps
- Topographic maps
24. The device used for measuring the wavelength of X-rays is
- Bragg Spectrometer
- Mass Spectrometer
- G. M. Counter
25. Alpha particle is the nucleus of an atom of
26. Who is the founder of Facebook which is currently the No. 1 social networking website in India?
- Orkut Buyukkokton
- Mark Zuckerberg
- Bill Gates
- Martin Cooper
27. In programming, repeating some statements is usually called
- Control structure
28. Teeth and Bones acquire strength and rigidity from
29. The type of tail found in Shark is
30. The Sigmoid Colon is part of
- Large Intestine
- Small Intestine
- Anal Canal