CDS Exam 2008
79. The Balwant Rai Mehta Committee recommended which one of the following Panchayati Raj structures?
- Gram Panchayat at the village level and Panchayat Samiti at the block level only
- Panchayat Samiti at the block level and Zilla parishad at the district level only
- Gram Panchayat at the village level, Panchayat Samiti at the block level and Zilla Prishad at the distric level
- Gram Panchayat at the village level and Zilla Parishad at the district level only
80. Consider the following statements on Parliamentary Committees:
- Members of the Rajya Sabha are not associated with the Committees on Public Accounts and Public Undertakings.
- Members of the Committee on Estimates are drawn from both the Lok Sabha and the Rajya Sabha.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
- 1 only
- 2 only
- Both 1 and 2
- Neither 1 nor 2
81. Which one of the following statements is/are correct?
Article 26 of the Constitution of India states that subject to public order, morality and health, every religious denomination or any section thereof shall have the right -
- to establish and maintains institutions for religious and charitable purposes.
- to manage its own affairs in matters of religion.
- to own and acquire movable and immovable property.
Select the correct answer using the codes given below:
- 1 only
- 2 and 3
- 1 and 3
- 1, 2 and 3
82. Who among the following was not a party to the coalition that fought against the English in the Battle of Buxar?
- Mir Kasim
- Mir Jafar
- Shah Alam II
83. Who among the following had founded the Theosophical Society in the United States of America?
- Swami Dayanand Saraswati
- Madame Blavatsky
- Madame Cama
- Lala Hardayal
84. In which one of the following cities, was the East India Association founded by Dadabhai Naoroji 1866?
- New York
85. In which one of the following Sessions was the Indian National Congress split into Moderates and Extremists?
86. Who among the following was the first Governor General of India?
- Lord Amherst
- Lord William Bentinck
- Sir Charles Metcalfe
- Robert Clive
87. Which one of the following has geological position of 0° latitude and 0° longitude?
- In the South Atlantic Ocean
- In the Mediterranean Sea
- In Ghana, a West African country
- At Greenwich Observatory in England
88. Arrange the following in chronological order:
- Third Carnatic War
- First Burmese War
- First Mysore War
- Second Afghan War
Which one of the following is the correct sequence of the above?
89. After 1857, who of the following announced, at a Darbar at Allahabad, the assumption of the Government of India by the Sovereign of Great Britain?
- Lord Canning
- Sir Johan Lawrence
- Lord Mayo
- Lord Northbrook
90. With which one of the following did the CIvil Disobedience Movement in India commence?
- Dandi March
- No Tax campaign by Sardar Patel
- The unfurling of the national flag by Nehru
- Mahatma Gandhi's going on fast
91. Who among the following was the Governor-General of India immediately preceding Chakravarti Rajgopalachari?
- The Marquess of Linlithgow
- Lord Mountbatten
- Lord Wavell
- Lord Chelmsford
92. Meghnad Saha is known for his contribution in which one of the following fields?
- Medical Science
- Environmental Science
92. Which one of the following days is observed as the World Environment Day?
- 28th February
- 4th March
- 5th June
- 16th September
93. Which one of the following pairs is not correctly matched?
- Hindalco Industries : Novelis
- Tata Steel : Corus Group
- Jet Airways : Air Sahara
- Kingfisher Airlines : MDLR Airlines
94. Match List I with List II and select the correct answer using the code given below the lists
|List I||List II|
|A. M. F. Hussain||1. Tabla|
|B. Zakir Hussain||2. Classical dance|
|C. Ulhas Kashalkar||3. Painting|
|D. Yamini Krishnamurty||4. Vocal classical|
- A - 3; B - 1; C - 4; D - 2
- A - 2; B - 4; C - 3; D - 1
- A - 2; B - 3; C - 4; D - 1
- A - 3; B - 4; C - 1; D - 2
95. Match List I with List II and select the correct answer using the code given below the lists
|List I||List II|
|A. Girija Devi||1. Leading woman executive|
|B. Indira Nooyi||2. Leading writer|
|C. Kiran Desai||3. Hematologist tured executive of the BBC trust|
|D. Chitra Braucha||4. Anti-liquor activist|
- A - 3; B - 1; C - 2; D - 4
- A - 4; B - 1; C - 2; D - 3
- A - 4; B - 2; C - 1; D - 3
- A - 3; B - 2; C - 1; D - 4
96. In which one of the following places is the Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research located?