SSC Tax Assts Exam 2009
35. Consent of the people means consent of:
- A few people
- All people
- Majority of the people
- Leader of the people
36. For how many categories has A. R. Rehman, the Golden Globe Award Winner for original sound track in the film ‘Slum Dog Millionaire’ been nominated at the Oscars ?
37. Which of the following is not a Panchayati Raj Institution ?
- Gram Sabha
- Gram Panchayat
- Gram Cooperative Society
- Nyaya Panchayat
38. Who among the following were members of the Swaraj Party ?
- Motilal Nehru
- Sardar Patel
- Gopal Krishna Gokhale
- 1 and 2 only
- 1 only
- 2 and 3 only
- 1, 2 and 3 only
39. Which of the following is an extra-constitutional and non-statutory body ?
- Finance Commission
- Planning Commission
- Union Public Service Commission
- Election Commission
40. Deep fried food materials are carcinogenic because they are rich in
- Cooking oil
41. Match List-I with List-II and select the correct answer using the code given below the Lists:
|List-I (Union Territory)||List-II (Jurisdiction High Court)|
|A. Puducherry||1. Kerala|
|B. Andaman and Nicobar Islands||2. Bombay|
|C. Lakshadweep||3. Madras|
|D. Damanand Diu||4. Calcutta|
- A - 3, B -4, C - 1, D - 2
- A - 1, B -3, C - 4, D - 2
- A - 1, B -2, C - 3, D - 4
- A - 1, B -4, C - 3, D - 2
42. The toxicity of which of the following heavy metals leads to liver cirrhosis ?
43. If the radius of blood vessels of a person decreases his/her blood pressure will
- remain unaffected
- increase for males and decrease for females
44. Cell or tissue death within a living body is called as
45. Which of the following is true regarding ‘No Confidence Motion’ in the Parliament ?
- There is no mention of it in the Constitution.
- A period of six months must lapse between the introduction of one ‘No Confidence Motion’ and another.
- Atleast 100 persons must support such a motion before it is introduced in the House.
- It can be introduced in the Lok Sabha only.
Select the correct answer using the code given below:
- 2 and 4 only
- 1, 2, 3 and 4
- 1, 2 and 3
- 1 and 4 only
46. Insufficient blood supply in human body is referred as
47. Typhoid is caused by
- Pseudomonas sp.
- Salmonella typhi
48. BCG immunization is for
49. Besides carbohydrates, a major source of energy in our food is constituted by
50. The limb bones of children become bent if there is deficiency of vitamin
51. The process of removing calcium and magnesium from hard water is known as
- Water softening
52. Major gaseous pollutant of the thermal power station is
53. Leprosy bacillus was discovered by
54. Where are the traces of Portuguese culture found in India?
55. Who, of the following, was awarded ‘Ashok Chakra’ on 26th January, 2009?
- Hemant Karkare
- M. C. Sharma
- Gajendra Singh
- Vijay Salaskar
- 1 and 2
- 1, 2 and 4
- 1, 2 and 3
- All the above