NDA 2009 - Solved Paper
33. Consider the following parts of spectra
Which one of the following is the correct sequence in which their wavelengths increase?
34. Propagation of light quanta may be described by
35. Which one of the following is not electromagnetic in nature?
36. Which one of the following is the value of current I in the circuit shown above?
- 5 A
- 10 A
- 15 A
- 20 A
37. The force experienced by a unit positive test charge placed at a point is called
- Magnetic field at that point
- Gravitational field at that point
- Electrical field at that point
- Nuclear field at that point
38. A long jumper runs before jumping because he
- covers a greater distance
- maintains momentum conservation
- gains energy by running
- gains momentum
39. Which among the following is the necessary condition for simple harmonic motion?
- Constant period
- Contant acceleration
- Displacement and acceleration are proportional
- Displacement and torque are proportional
40. Consider the following four particles :
- Alpha particle
Which of the following is the correct sequence in which their rest-masses increase?
41. If an α-particle is projected normally through a uniform magnetic field, then the path of the α-particle inside the field will be
- a straight line
42. How far must a girl stand in front of a concave spherical mirror of radius 120cm to see an erect image of her face four times its natural size?
- 40 cm from the mirror
- 45 cm from the mirror
- 50 cm from the mirror
- 55 cm from the mirror
43. Match List I with List II and select the correct answer using the code given below the lists
|List I |
(Type of electromagnatic radiation)
|List II |
( Approximate wavelength in metres)
|A. Infrared radiation||1. 10-12|
|B. X-rays||2. 10-5|
|C. Ultraviolet radiation||3. 10-10|
|D. gamma rays||4. 10-8|
- A - 2; B - 3; C - 4; D - 1
- A - 1; B - 4; C - 3; D - 2
- A - 1; B - 3; C - 4; D - 2
- A - 2; B - 4; C - 3; D - 1
44. The standing wave pattern along a string of length 60 cm is shown in the above diagram. If the speed of the transverse wave on this string is 300 m/s, in which one of the folowing modes is the string vibrating?
- First overtone
- Second overtone
- Third overtone
45. A sonometer wire having a length of 50 cm is vibrating in the fundamental mode with a frequency of 100 Hz. Which of the following is the type of propagating wave and its speed?
- longitudinal, 50 m/s
- Transverse, 50 m/s
- Longitudinal, 100 m/s
- Transverse, 100 m/s
46. Which one of the following is the amount of heat given up when 20g of steam at 100°C is condensed and cooled to 20°C?
- 10000 cal
- 11400 cal
- 12400 cal
- 13600 cal
47. Which one of the following is the mode of heat tansfer in which warm material is transported so as to displace a cooler material?
- Conduction only
- Convection Only
- Both conduction and convection
48. Consider the following statements :
- Different plant species grow together.
- Light cannot penetrate into the lower strata full of undergrowth.
Which of the following types of vegetation is characterized by the above?
- Equatorial moist evergreen
- Tropical deciduous
- Warm temperate broad leaved deciduous
49. From which one of the following is the percentage of reflected amount of radiation highest?
- wet ground
- thick cloud
- snow cover
50. On planet Earth there is no centrifugal force at the
- Tropic of Cancer
- Tropic of Capricon