deadly, frightful, gruesome, terrible
grand, noble, glorious, magnificent, awesome
diverse, assorted, varied, multifarious
warlike, belligerent, pugnacious, militant
inadequate, paltry, scanty, sparse
ordinary, average, fair, commonplace
sad, unhappy, dejected, gloomy, glum
careful, scrupulous, thorough, exact, accurate
depressed, wretched, unhappy, dejected, sorrowful
lessen, reduce, moderate, abate, relieve
tease, taunt, ridicule, jeer, deride
temporary, transitory, fleeting, ephemeral
important, crucial, significant, vital
boring, dull, tiresome, repetitious, unexciting
assemble, collect, summon, gather, mobilize
legend, fable, tale, story
Quiz on Synonyms
Select the right answer
1. Which of the following is a synonym of martial?
2. Which word means the same as inadequate?
3. Which of the following is a synonym of mitigate?
4. Which word means the same as terrible?
5. When something is dull or tiresome, it is -
6. Which of the following is a synonym of meticulous?
7. When something is transitory, it is -